Deprecated: _register_controls is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use Elementor\Controls_Stack::register_controls() instead. in /home/vfol12nxo8wr/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4863
Autoblog may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Keeping your car washed is important. Dirt, grime and more can overwhelm an exterior faster than you might think, and the worse the problem gets, the harder it’s going to be to get your car shiny like new again. Luckily, it’s pretty easy and affordable to get a good car wash soap that will meet your needs, but with so many soaps out there on the market, we decided to compile a list of some of the “best.” Of course, everyone has their own idea of what best is, so this list is based on user ratings and reviews.
- 1 gallon container
- All-in-one shampoo and conditioner
- Cleans without stripping wax
- Contains ultra-rich conditioners to make your paint shine
- Can be used with a foam cannon (dilute 5:1)
This Meguiar’s Gold Class car wash soap is a top seller for a few reasons. It’s an all-in-one soap, making it easy to use for anyone, it can be used with or without a foam cannon, and it’s a good price for a full gallon of product, which can be further diluted to make it last even longer. The formula is designed to clean “without stripping wax protection,” so you shouldn’t have to worry if your car has been recently waxed and you’re just looking for a quick, easy clean.
- 1 gallon container
- Compatible with foam cannons, foam guns, or bucket washing
- pH neutral
- “Extra slick”
- Leaves “no residue” after rinse
- Candy scented
This Mr. Pink car wash soap from Chemical Guys comes in a 1 gallon container, can be used with foam cannons or for bucket washing, and undeniably just looks cooler than most other car soaps that might be sitting in your garage. The formula is pH neutral to prevent wax stripping and it’s even candy scented. Who doesn’t want their car to smell good?
- Multi-purpose/Multi-surface cleaner
- Works on all interior and exterior surfaces except glass or instrument panel screens
- Product listing shows the cleaner as being usable on upholstery, fabric, canvas, leather, vinyl, plastic, rubber, bird poop, grease, tree sap, metals, wood trim and more
- Mixed and bottled in the USA
This SuperCleaner by CarGuys is a bit different in that it’s more of a “general cleaner” than a “soap,” but it can still be used on your exterior for spot cleaning. It’s made to be used on nearly any surface, interior or exterior, and can clean upholstery, vinyl, plastic, bird poop, tree sap, and more. The product is mixed and bottled in the USA and perhaps best of all, it comes in its own convenient spray bottle.
- 16 oz. bottle
- Two-in-one premium bodywash shampoo and synthetic gloss enhancer
- Extreme foaming wash
- Formulated with a synthetic and carnauba wax to reduce water spots
- Dilute by adding 1 oz. to 5 gallons of water
This Chemical Guys Extreme Bodywash & Wax Foaming soap is the most affordable option on our list and packs a huge punch. It comes in a 16 oz. bottle, but don’t let that fool you, it can be diluted by adding just 1 oz. into 5 gallons of water. This soap is pH-balanced, formulated with a synthetic and carnauba wax to reduce water spots and as the name says, it produces “extreme” foam.
- 1 gallon container
- “Contains exclusive blend of high lubricating polymers that bond to paint while releasing dirt and grime for a safe, brilliant finish”
- Uses only a “fraction” of the water required for a conventional car wash
- Manufacturer says this blend is “safe for any vehicle surface”
This 1 gallon jug of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine soap might cost a little more than the others on the list, but it’s unique in that, well, it’s “no rinse!” This soap should only require 1 – 2 gallons of water total to wash the entire car. As you’d probably expect, it’s made to leave no soapy residue after a wash, eliminating the need for additional water. If you’re the type of person always doing your best to conserve water, this is the soap for you.
More top picks